Follow by Email

FOLLOW US

Please follow us on Instagram

Twitter and like us on Facebook

Blooming PLOOMING: Messages from the Flower Shop

A PLOOMS fountain pen is never happier than when writing message in ink amongst the flowers.
Red PLOOMS fountain pen
Red PLOOMS fountain pen

And as luck would have it I am never happier than when in a flower shop too.
Today I was in Sprout & Flower in Mere in Wiltshire. 
I first met owner, Sarah, when I was writing my series of books about flower shops. 
We worked together at Ted Martin Flowers, the subject of my first book, 
The Flower Shop; A Year in the Life of an English Country Flower Shop.
Sarah has a fabulous eye for colour and clearly loves her wonderful shop
and as the name suggests, she sells fruit and vegetables as well as flowers.
 Sarah also does a great line in bread and croissant at the weekend.
 And I do like a flower shop with a piano in it!
Pink PLOOMS fountain pen
Pink PLOOMS fountain pen
The thing is you can say anything with flowers (and with a PLOOM!)
Green PLOOMS fountain pen
Green PLOOMS fountain pen
Perhaps even sprouts have something to say!
Purple PLOOMS fountain pen
Purple PLOOMS fountain pen

Orange PLOOMS fountain pen
Orange PLOOMS fountain pen

Green PLOOMS fountain pen
Green PLOOMS fountain pen
It took me back to my days working in a flower shop - oh how I miss it!

Purple PLOOMS fountain pen
Purple PLOOMS fountain pen
Despite the cold and the need for thermals, mittens and thick boots, I had a great day. The sun shone through the windows and apart from the fact we could see our breath in the cold air, we would have believed it was early summer!

Sarah sends flowers all over the UK 

No comments:

Post a Comment